Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My obsession




Cinema, this magic is all over me. It is a powerful medium, more appealing than a book. It started alluring me from my childhood. I am still awe struck by its limitless beauty and magic and the pure pleasure it gives is easily above any orgasms. Amazed by the chasing scenes and Heroism in bollywood in early nineties (where always a super human Hero is required to help an always distressed heroin). I still remember how I jumped bravely out of my three wheeler toddler cycle to rescue my childhood Sreedevi out of gutter( where she landed , frightened by a harmless military convoy )and got multiple fractured during the heroic process. Though I was slightly embarrassed about the prospect but I still remember how I groped for biceps through my t shirt with ailing knees. Salman was my god during early teenage, countless eggs and all dieting and exercises were gone into create what I proudly flaunt now as my “family pack” tummy. Mom had a hard time explaining the enigma of what goes into create a sculpted six pack .When I moved back to Kerala, hero’s were a class apart, or simply shabby. I was soon accustomed to mallu ways and soon Mohanlal was become my pin-up star. I continued my heroics, as I was always there for distressed beauties, but as for my style a little changed though, I rubbed and searched under my nose for moustache after my heroics here. College time was fun. DDLJ and handful of other bollywood movies pumped in so much of adrenaline and incited an undying lover in me. Eventually as a direct result of all these when no of backlogs exceeded even my age i came to know reality bites and Calicut University barks. All the bull crap to hell and it is time to leave the college and all heart breaks and break ups, but east cost vijayan consoled me. After the college I got a glimpse of what world-cinema is. Cuppola, Tarantino, Sergio Leone, Scorsese became my new companions. I sympathised and empathised and lost in the magical world of Amelie Poulin. I doubted for a second that whether I am in a matrix or not. 24 min Oscar performance might be easily forgotten but I couldn’t get over deadly cannibalistic calmness in Anthony Hopkins eyes. I gaped at the skill in which Bob Dylan’s different shades were brilliantly stroked in the vast canvas of cinema. Al pacino and Robert De Nero, I bowed before them. Cinema was everything to me. It was only sensible thing in my morbid world. It showed me the beauty of a rainbow. It showed me what is to be like having a square meal a day. It showed me what is to be being lost and what is to be being found. It took me through a world devoid of reality yet showed how real it is. Many years were passed, many lights were put out from my life, many fan fares were settled down, many of them left me to loneliness, but there is only one true friend who is always stood by my side consoles, mimics, criticizes, forces, cares and challenges. May be this an evasion or escape but I love to do it to the fullest .As the emperor was enchanted every night by stories in Arabian Nights, I am being enchanted by cinema, every day, every minute, every second

No comments:

Post a Comment